What Is ADHD ?
ADHD is known as Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder it is a common mental disorder and found in children especially in boys than girls. Now this has been discovered in the adults and causes many diseases in them. This disorder starts in childhood but if not treated then continue in their adulthood. They may be hyperactive and unable to control their impulses. Also have trouble in paying attention to anything.
Recent search has shown that 8.4 percent of children and 2.5 percent of adults have this ADHD. It was first recognized when a school aged child showed disruption in his classroom and has problems in doing the schoolwork or homework. This mental disorder occurs when a person experiences difficulties in maintaining the attention and controlling the physical movement or energy.
According to the National Institute of Mental Health, its symptoms start to begin early as 3 years of age in some children. Some life events and physical disorders can lead to some characteristics of this ADHD. If you think you or your loved one has this disorder then go to the doctor and he or she will do some tests on you if you have this then it will be diagnosed after that it is manageable and treatment of it is highly effective for the person who has it.
There are some causes that are identified yet of this ADHD and are described below:
- According to a study published in JAMA Pediatrics premature birth is a cause of it.
- From a young age or during pregnancy if exposed to environmental toxins.
- Benign traumatic brain injury.
- Denudation to stress and consumption of tobacco or alcohol during pregnancy.
The doctors have divided it in three categories that are discussed below and help you to get recognized from them:
- i. Babble out answers.
- ii. Interfere in the activities of others.
- iii. Does not wait for his or her turn.
- i. Do not remember daily activities.
- ii. Daydream a lot.
- iii. They get easily distracted.
- iv. Have problems in organizing the things used in daily routine.
- v. Can’t play games which require sitting.
- vi. He or she does not listen to their parents or anyone.
- vii. They do careless mistakes and don’t pay attention.
- They are always climbing things or running anywhere at any time.
- excessively talks.
- Always on the go triggers and never sits in one place.
- Never plays quietly.
- Always wiggle or bounces when they are sitting on a chair or sofa.
The treatment of ADHD is not very expensive and it is very effective in treating the person properly:
Parents have to help their children to respond to difficult behavior that ADHD person has.
The teacher also try to talk with them more gently and politely. Also with different teaching styles that will engage teacher with them more actively.
In this it involves a therapist, who helps the children learn new planning techniques and develop social skills. Boosts the ability to plan and complete every task.