What is Fibromyalgia?
It is a disorder by widespread musculoskeletal pain associated with sleep, mood issues, fatigue, and memory. Many persons who have this disorder have depression, irritable bowel syndrome, headaches, anxiety, temporomandibular joint disorders (TMJ), tension. Researchers believe that the way the brain possesses signals of pain just like that it amplifies painful sensations in the body. Women get affected by it as compared to men.
There are symptoms of it which includes fatigue in which people sleep for long time period and when gets awaken feels tired. The sleep of them is disturbed by pain also they have sleep disorders such as sleep apnea and restless legs syndrome.
Pain is accompanied by this disorder is often described as consistent dull ache in body which lasts for at least three months or more than this time period. Below and above the waist also on both sides of your body you may feel pain. Also a symptom known as fibro fog harm the concentration on mental tasks, ability to focus and paying attention towards anything.
Pain Management techniques and Tips for avoiding fatigue:
The ways to manage fibromyalgia are as follows:
1. Sleep: Anxiety, depression and stress disturbs your ability of sleep. You should talk to your doctor to need advice of medicines for sleep and adapt a better sleep habits.
- Use light fabric for garments and comfortable bed sheets.
- Go to your bed when you feel sleepy.
- Do not eat fatty and spicy foods that will cause you heartburn.
- If you are taking a nap so take it before 3 p.m and less than one hour.
- Take a bath or eat a light snack that will help you to relax at bedtime.
- Avoid cigarette, caffeine, and alcohol.
- In weekends or holidays go to bed and get up at the same time.
- Get away with your all worries during the day.
2. Exercise: You should take small steps for exercise to improve your health also to become active like never before. They will improve your sleep, strengthen your heart, boost mood, decreases fatigue, ease pain. Recommended exercises for fibromyalgia are:
- water aerobics
- strength training
3. Eat a healthy diet: By eating lots of fruits, grains, dairy products, lean meats, vegetables, etc will lower your weight, energizes you and improves your overall health. A practicing physician and Lifescript’s women’s health expert in Baltimore suggests by eliminating the following foods that appear to bother some people with fibromyalgia:
- Food additives like nitrates and MSG
4. Reduce your stress: Constant stress can alter hormone levels and drain endocrine system.
- Decrease your workload.
- Try therapies for relaxation like meditation, breathing, aromatherapy, relaxation exercises.
- Pace your daily activities.
- Cognitive therapy
Trustworthy info on medicines for Fibromyalgia:
Cymbalta (duloxetine) is antidepressant, Savella (milnacipran) and Lyrica (pregabalin) are anti-seizure also antidepressants. These ease pain and improves other symptoms of the fibromyalgia.